Water Cooler Comedy
We could all use a laugh right now, but did you know that a little laughter can actually help adapt to change and prepare your workplace for the disruption of the 21st century workplace?
Because of the pandemic, managers are being forced to pivot on the fly, leading to an increase in workload, stress, and pessimism. What if you had a tool at your disposal that could relieve your stress while boosting your team’s engagement levels, creativity, and productivity?
We’ve been conditioned to believe that "work isn't the time or place to laugh,” but this outdated adage has a demotivating and destructive effect on our ability to deal with uncertainty, innovate, and solve problems.
Leadership speaker and comedian David Horning combines funny anecdotes with scientific studies and simple daily practices to bring you a presentation that will help you utilize humor as a vital leadership skill and cultural cornerstone to your work.
“Lead With Laughs” will leave you energized and ready to act on new ideas for transforming your workplace into a safe space for creativity, collaboration, and fun that will engage and inspire you and your team. You don't even have to be funny to do it!
- The 4 reasons why addressing employee engagement in new ways is so important and why it’s urgent to think outside of the box in a post-pandemic world for recruiting, engaging, and retaining millennials and Gen-Z.
- The 5 hallmarks of the demotivating transactional management model and the innovation-inspiring human leadership model.
- How to define humor and why it sparks creativity to engage your workplace.
- A simple life hack (or laugh hack in this case) for creating a quick perspective shift for dealing with adversity and adapting to change.
- 9 guidelines for incorporating humor effectively into your workplace culture.
About David: Combining 8 years of comedy, a political science degree, and a passion for positive psychology, David Horning is on a mission to transform workplace culture as an expert in humor leadership. David has inspired and entertained audiences across the country as a keynote speaker for the past 6 years, including Wyndham Hotels, ShurTech Brands, SHRM, DisruptHR, and many others with fresh and fun presentations that turn traditional leadership on its head with his use of humor. He is the founder and Chief Experience Officer of Water Cooler Comedy, a company offering keynote presentations, corporate comedy shows, and humor leadership consulting.
In addition to speaking, David continues to perform stand-up wherever his work takes him and, as part of his mission to prove that anything can be made funny, produces a podcast called "You Can't Laugh At That." David has also made several guest appearances on numerous leadership and HR podcasts, including The Indigo Podcast, The Chad and Cheese Podcast, and HR After Dark.
Approval pending for SHRM and HRCI credits.
AFTER YOU REGISTER: 2 days before the webinar we will email you the meeting ID and link. (If your email provider blocks emails from South King County SHRM, be sure to check your Spam folder.)
Thanks to our sponsor